Cutting edge Laser technology
The hair located on your face, legs, arms, underarms, bikini line, chest, calves, or back can be easily removed permanently by our lasers. Both men and women may opt for laser hair removal simply because it’s a state-of-the-art method of hair removal that is suitable for large areas of the body as well as smaller ones. The lasers used at Contura Clinic are the most advanced lasers that work on all skin types.
Many people do not realize that laser hair removal is also beneficial for people who tend to get problems with ingrown hairs. By removing the hair with a laser, the hair follicle can no longer become infected. This strategy may be considered preventative, since it prevents future problems with antibiotic resistance by reducing the need for antibiotics to treat ingrown hairs.
How do Lasers work?
The Laser Hair Removal system focuses a gentle, pulsating beam of high-intensity light in the form of a laser on the hair follicle of the unwanted hair. A controlled amount of heat is delivered to the target, followed by a patented Sapphire Cooling to protect the upper layers of your skin so that only the hair and its hair follicle are removed. With this dual system, side effects are kept to a minimum.
One session of laser hair removal targets the hairs that appear on the body and removes them, but it cannot target the hairs that are in the dormant phase. This is why four to seven treatments are necessary at 3-6 week intervals. All dormant hair follicles will eventually produce a hair that can be targeted and removed by the laser. The laser hair removal method is non-invasive and saves you countless hours of time shaving or using other methods of hair removal that must be repeated often.
During the treatment, you’ll wear special ‘eye-wear’ that protects your eyes from the light beam of the laser. The treatment area may be numbed with a local anesthetic cream. Most people consider the treatment not painful. The sensation experienced is similar to the sensation of rubber bands hitting the skin. After treatment, it’s possible to have some redness, swelling, hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, bruising or blistering, but these side effects usually do not last more than a few days.
To obtain maximum results, it’s important to follow simple pre-treatment instructions:
- Mark the date of your appointment on the calendar. For two weeks prior to Lasers avoid sunlight as much as possible.
- Mark that same 2-week time frame on your calendar with the words, “NO PLUCKING, BLEACHING OR WAXING.” The laser light detects the darkness of the hair; bleaching interferes with the ability of the laser to find the hair and its hair follicle. Plucking and waxing can interfere with the hair follicle’s growth cycle and extend the number of sessions you will need. It’s best that plucking, bleaching and waxing are not done 4 weeks before your laser skin treatment so add another 2 weeks with the words, “NO PLUCKING, BLEACHING OR WAXING.”
- Shave the treatment site prior to treatment. Of course, if you are unable to shave a body part yourself, such as your back, the medical staff will assist.
- If you’re having areas on your face and neck lasered, don’t wear any makeup on those areas. The area should be as clean and cleared of chemical substances as it possibly can be.
After laser treatment, the treated area may appear as if the hair is still growing. This will change within a week or two as the hairs fall out. Below are some additional instructions you’ll need to know for after your first laser skin care appointment.
- If you have any redness or swelling, apply ice packs as needed.
- If a blister or scab develops, call our clinic. We’ll tell you what type of antibiotic ointment to apply to the area.
- Don’t scrub the treated area. Gentleness is the best laser after-treatment needed.
- Protect your skin for the next two weeks with a sunscreen that has a SPF of 30.
Schedule your next appointment four weeks from the date of your current appointment.
Call 7022543542 for appointments.