Dr. Sreekar Harinatha & Dr. Nithya Raghunath are both experienced Allergan BOTOX injectors.
At Contura Clinic, BOTOX is regularly used for the following:
- Forehead lines or worry lines. The forehead is an area that tends to wrinkle even when we are young and we often appear worried or stressed. Botox smoothens these lines and leaves you looking relaxed and rejuvenated.
- Glabella lines. The deep furrow which forms between the eyebrows can often make one look angry or scowling. Botox treats this deep wrinkle and a small amount of Botox can make this area look relaxed. One of the most popular treatment areas for Botox® Cosmetic is to reduce these frown lines. Frown lines (sometimes called “11″ lines due to their shape) between the eyebrows are caused by the action of a facial muscle called the corrugator muscle and the bunching of skin from repeated facial muscle contractions.
- Crow’s feet around the eyes. Botox can remove the lines around the eyes which are most obvious when you smile
- Necklines or Cords. Botox can be used to minimize and smooth the lines around the neck in what’s called the “Nefertiti Lift” by injecting the cords or platysmas bands.
- Lines around the mouth. Botox can be used to treat the smoker’s lines around the upper lip which is a sure sign of aging.
- Pau d’orange of the chin. Botox can be used to remove the texture and dimpling of chin wrinkles.
- Frown lines around the mouth. Botox can be used to lift the angles or corners of the mouth to fix the depressed-looking smiles.
- Brow lift. Botox can be used to raise the brow and give patients a brow lift and open up their eyes.
- Botox Masseter Reduction for Facial Slimming. Botox can be used to non-surgically slim the face and make the square jaw rounder. This process known as “Botox Square Jaw Reduction” or “Botox Masseter Reduction” has increased in popularity over the years.
Botox is a neuromuscular blocking injectable drug, which basically means it stops the transmission of chemicals that tell muscles to move. When you apply Botox to those tiny facial muscles that cause your face to wrinkle, it allows the skin to flatten out and appear younger. As an added benefit, Botox can also stop the occurrence of migraine headaches.
The following is a list of frequently asked questions about Botox from patients at Contura Clinic. If you still have questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to contact us.
How Much Does Botox Cost?
Botox is usually around 350 per unit.
What Is Botox?
Botox Cosmetic is a purified protein, commonly called botulinum toxin type A. the effects of Botox were first studied in the 1960s. In 1989, the FDA gave clearance for botulinum type a to treat muscle spasms. FDA clearance for cosmetic use was granted in 2002 and millions of patients have been treated since then.
Does Botox Injection Hurt?
Our patients say the treatment feels no worse than an insect bite. While we typically do not administer anesthesia for Botox treatment, a numbing cream can be applied to the area in certain cases.
How Long Do Results Last?
The cosmetic improvements you can achieve with Botox will take effect approximately 3-5 days after the procedure and last anywhere from 5-6 months.
Can We Combine Botox With Other Procedures?
It’s not uncommon to use Botox in combination with a dermal filler such as Juvederm. People have referred to such combination treatments as a “liquid facelift.”
Botox complications have most often been associated with non-cosmetic treatments and unqualified practitioners. Possible side effects include headache, nausea, flu-like symptoms, redness or pain at the injection site, and droopy eyelids.